NOTICE TO ALL BUILDING PERMIT APPLICANTS
Requirements For Residential & Commercial Permits
PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Proof of ownership warranty deed
- Closing statement
- Tax bill
- Letter of consent to apply from the owner of the property notarized
- Completed Building permit application
- Owners must sign application (all signatures must be NOTARIZED)
- Contractors proof of:
1. License and registration with Miami-Dade County and the State of Florida.
2. Insurance certificate addressed to the City of Hialeah Gardens showing expiration date (must be original).
3. Nonrefundable yearly administration fee of $25.00
- All surveys must be certified and less than six months old.
- You may be required to obtain approvals from other government agencies such as, but not limited to: DERM, FIRE, PUBLIC WORKS, PLANNING, and DCF.
- Commercial Buildings, Apartment Buildings & Townhouse projects require prior approvals from MIAMI-DADE COUNTY FIRE & DERM, before any processing and/or permitting procedures are done in our Building Department.
- Proof of payments for impact fees such as ROAD, FIRE, W&S, PARK TRUST FUND, PUBLIC SAFETY IMPACT FEE, & EDUCATIONAL IMPACT FEE.
- Condo, Townhouse or other developments where a homeowner association exists require a letter of approval describing the work allowed by the association.
- Copy of a certified Notice of Commencement must be submitted for jobs with an estimated cost of $2,500 or more, before a building permit is issued.