In Hialeah Gardens, the Clerk’s position is defined under Florida Statutes as a public office and is appointed by the Mayor.
The Clerk’s office is responsible for the following:
- Maintaining all permanent official records and archives of the City (with the exception of the Police Department records).
- Preparing the agenda and minutes of all Council meetings and Advisory Boards.
- Preparing and publishing all public notices as required by Municipal, County and State law.
- Certifying all ordinances and resolutions adopted by the Council.
- Providing and administering updated supplements to the City ’s Code of Ordinances.
- Serving as the supervisor of elections, preparing the ballot and conducting all Municipal elections.
- Administrating the City ’s Federal, State and County grant contracts.
- Fulfilling requests for public records and Municipal lien searches.