Hialeah Gardens Helps!
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR SMALL BUSINESSES
The City of Hialeah Gardens will be offering relief to 100 small business owners who have been financially impacted as being deemed non-essential and have been forced to close as of March 1, 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This award will be a one-time payment of $1,000 per business and may be used to alleviate any financial burden. This award is not a loan and will not be required to be paid back.
Applications will be available online starting Monday, May 18, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. through Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Applications are now closed.
Recipients will be determined via lottery. The lottery drawing date will be announced on the City’s website 24 hours prior. Due to social distancing a public lottery cannot be held. Recipients will be notified by City staff.
- Must have a City of Hialeah Gardens Local Business Tax Receipt (Occupational License) valid as of March 1, 2020
- Must be a for profit business located in the City of Hialeah Gardens for the past three years
- Must be a small business with retention of five employees or less including the owner and cannot be self-employed
- Cannot be a franchise or chain
- Business cannot be a law, real estate, jewelry, pawn shop, clerical, accounting, consulting, finance or information technology business
- Less than $80,000 annual profit
- City of Hialeah Gardens Local Business Tax Receipt (Occupational License) for past three years
- Payroll registry ending as of March 1, 2020
- Copy of corporate income tax returns for the last completed fiscal year.If your business has filed an extension request to IRS you must submit the prior year’s IRS form.
ONE APPLICATION PER BUSINESS