Hialeah Gardens Helps!
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR RESIDENTS
The City of Hialeah Gardens will be offering relief to 200 eligible families who have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. This grant will be a one-time payment of $500 per household and may be used to alleviate any financial burden.
Applications will be available online starting Monday, May 18, 2020 8:00 a.m. through Wednesday, May 20, 2020 5:00 p.m.
Applications are now closed.
Applications will also be available in person (drive through) at the Hialeah Gardens Water & Sewer Department located at 13601 N.W. 107th Avenue for pick up and drop off on the following dates and times:
- Monday, May 18, 2020, 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Recipients will be determined via lottery. The lottery drawing date will be announced on the City’s website 24 hours prior. Due to social distancing a public lottery cannot be held. Recipients will be notified by City staff.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, legal permanent resident or granted legal status
- Must be a resident of the City of Hialeah of Gardens for at least one year
- Must have been employed prior to March 1, 2020 and become unemployed due to COVID-19
- Individual Household Income of $20,000 or less
- Multiple person Household Income of $45,000 or less
- Cannot be related to a current City of Hialeah Gardens employee
- Proof of legal residency: Copy of U.S. Birth Certificate, passport, alien resident card or government issued Photo ID proving your legal status
- Proof of job loss: Termination letter, unemployment verification letter or other proof that you lost your employment on or after March 1, 2020
- Proof of income: Copy of last three (3) pay stubs, 2019 Federal Income Taxes or W-2 Forms
- Proof of residency in the City of Hialeah Gardens: Copy of Driver’s License or State of Florida issued Photo ID and most recent utility bill (FPL or W&S)
ONE APPLICATION PER HOUSEHOLD